Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wacky Countdown Day #3

Ok friends, you may remember my plan to celebrate the 35 days leading up to my 35th Birthday by doing something celebratory, wacky, or plain fun each day. I've been soliciting ideas from my friends on how I might celebrate. Read more about this here.

So how's the plan going?

Day 1 (Groundhog's Day): Seriously considered going to Punxsutawney Pennsylvania to see the official Groundhog "Punxsutawney Phil" prognosticate. Consulted the Official Punxsutawney Phil website the day before where it states "the viewing area gates open at 3:00am. Young children not recommended." Ruled that out. Spent the afternoon without kids, (mostly doing errands). Better luck tomorrow.

Day 2: Woke up at 5:00am (not by choice) but got to catch up with an old camp friend via Facebook chat for almost 2 hours before anyone woke up. Not planned fun, but so good for my soul. (Click on the 1993 camp staff picture below: I'm in the middle row, far left. Yes, that's me. I WAS that fabulous back then. People called me Chief.)
Considered donating 10 inches of my hair to "Locks of Love" (I did it once before) but got the girls haircuts instead. Perhaps I'm not up for anything daring after all.



















Day 3: (today) Tried to tap into my inner superhero while visiting the Virginia Living Museum (see pic). Somehow my version of "BatGirl" doesn't seem very heroic. What am I doing wrong?














Here's my wackiest thing for the day... I pet a Sea star.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pet or poked? looks more like a poke.. which is truly reckless!