Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Beach in February and A Party in the Penthouse


Wacky Countdown...days 6 & 7. (Don't know what am I counting down toward? Click here.)

I've actually taken one of your Birthday idea comments and taken action! (thanks, Wendy) I have to admit I thought her idea of building a sandcastle in February sounded too cold to bear, but when the temperature reached 80 degrees today, I couldn't keep away from the beach. We didn't really build a castle, but we searched for shells, played with sand and did it all smack in the dead of winter. The water was COLD, but of course we had to at least dip our toes in just to say we did.



















The weekend we also celebrated at "Tenure Party" with one of Eric's office neighbors in the Sociology department. The professor lives in a condo on the Penthouse level overlooking the James River. The weather was pleasant, and the party was timed so that we could enjoy the balcony and the sunset. We toasted her success, and I secretly hoped that when Eric gets tenure that we'll have a party just as snazzy. My favorite gift she received was a clock with an engraving "your tenure clock is no longer ticking, but your lectures are timeless".





1 comment:

Kelli said...

The girls look so big and so beautiful. We miss you guys!